I Am Not Really Good At Asking for Help…you?
I have spent my life as a single-person “committee of one” when it comes to the creation, vision and management of my company.
Wiersma Experience Marketing, now Wiersma Experiences, began in Suite 2 BR the second bedroom of my home in Indianapolis, Indiana in 1987. I had a “computer typewriter” and my world HQ was my second bedroom. I never let clients “meet at my office” since the laundry might be in the way!
- CampExperience Network was ready for change. The COVID changed the world and the Camp Sisterhood did pretty darn well in the process. Again, with might and dedication, a core team kept us alive and growing even online and at the “masked” retreat of 2020. And the world changed. And the Sisters needed the same core principles of Do Good & Have Fun but in a new style. I needed help to serve better and keep up the magic and I asked for help from Lara Smedley. AMEN the Network is new and fresh and alive and GREAT!
- My Health Comes First. I am now 61 not 31 and as many of you may know that comes with all kinds of FUN! In 2009 and 2012 I had the same hip replaced and fixed. Each time I had to learn to walk again. Each time I had to ask for immediate help for life and recovery tasks. But now the support I need is different. It takes “a village” of Pilates with Lindy Royer and walking and a partnership with the amazing Gerri Kier to keep the operating system MOVING literally and figuratively. I asked for the help of Gerri and Linday and I am personally thriving. Amen again.
- Now I started my Art on Purpose brand of uplifting products and clothing YIKES!!! What I know how to do is to make art, create cool journals, cards and card decks, put art on clothing and gather people to network and shop. What I do not know is:
- How to find new customers both online and live
- How to sell to boutiques, stores and places that have a way to partner to distribute cool things
- How to get into catalogues
- How to sell more on Etsy (Betsy on Etsy) and on my online portal
These are just a few of the things I know that I do not know. And I now am asking you and the world for help. This actually is an important way for me to grow in my trust of God and in my journey as a human. I just keep serving people and seeing happy customers. And I have faith it will all be as it is meant to be…AMEN AND AMEN.
So the moral to this story is DON'T BE LIKE ME and think you have to do it all and know it all. Trust your journey and allow others to be part for your path. And if you know anything that I do not………PLEASE find me for a chat!